We will collect the following personal data when you interact with the Site:
- Authentication and identification information (e.g. your name, email address, and password). This information is necessary to set up and log you into your account. If you don’t provide it, we may not be able to provide our services to you;
- Basic personal details (e.g. your name, date of birth, and nationality);
- Contact details (e.g. your postal address, telephone number, and email address). We may need some of this information to deliver products to you, such as your postal address, and won’t be able to carry out these services if you don’t provide it;
- Payment details (e.g. your credit card details or payment tokens from third party payment providers like PayPal). We use these to process your order, and won’t be able to take payment from you or give refunds if you don’t provide it; and
We will also automatically collect personal data when you interact with the Site through your computer, mobile device, or other device. This personal data includes the following:
- Analytics data (e.g. information about app downloads, app and web page histories), which may include data collected from cookies and other types of device identifiers;
- Profile inputs (e.g. page and deal views on the site, click information and information about the website you clicked to our Site from). This may include data about your location. With respect to geolocation information collected from your mobile device, we will only collect this where you have provided consent; and
- Device details (e.g. MAC address, IP address, Bluetooth data and advertising identifiers).
We will collect the personal data described above at various stages in your relationship with us when you:
- Register, subscribe, authorise the transfer of, or create an account with us;
- Open or respond to emails or messages from us;
- Provide information to enrol or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or together with Sellers and Business Partners, with your consent or as necessary to provide services you have requested;
- Visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- Purchase products or services on or through the Site from Sellers;
- Connect, log-in, or link to the Site using social networking tools; and
- Post comments to the online community’s sections of the Site.
We also create profiles about you based on the personal data you provide to us or that is collected from you, as described above. We do this to market offers to you we think you would be interested in buying. The contents of that profile include:
- Account details. For example, we create a permanent URL to your account page which may include your name. We also generate tokens to remember your subscription and purchase histories, and any loyalty numbers you may have obtained;
- Marketing segment information.
- Audience information. We create audiences based on parameters such as gender, age, and location (e.g. males aged 25-35 in your city), and if your personal data matches those audiences, you’ll be assigned to it. This is to help you receive relevant offers; and
- Activity information. Based on your interactions with communications, we’ll generate personal data about how many communications you like to receive, so that we don’t send you more than are useful to you
You can manage the types of personal data you provide to us and can limit how we communicate with you. At the same time, we think that the more you tell us about yourself and what you like, the more relevant and valuable your experience with our Site and services will be.
You can manage your email and subscription notification preferences by logging into your account through the Site or by adjusting the settings from the bottom of one of our emails:
- Cookies. You can manage how your browser handles cookies. You may also manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share information on and about your devices with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies. Please refer to our Cookies Policy for more information;
You can access, update, rectify, and delete your personal data which makes up some of your profile by logging into your account or contacting us here. Keeping your personal data current helps ensure that we can respect your preferences and offer you the goods and services that are most relevant to you.
In accordance with applicable law, you may (i) request access to any personal data we hold about you; (ii) request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked; (iii) request that we delete personal data we hold about you; (iv) request that we restrict our processing of your personal data; and (v) request that we provide you or a third party with a copy of certain personal data about you (that is referred to as the right of “data portability”). You can also object to any of our uses of your personal data described in this policy, including our marketing activities.
How We Use Information
We control and process the personal data you provide to us, which we collect from other sources, and which we generate to:
- Operate, maintain, and improve the Site by analysing how you and our other customers use and interact with it. This is to meet our legitimate business interests in providing the Site and ensuring that it provides the best experience for our customers;
- Carry-out marketing, which may involve:
- Analysing advertising effectiveness, which may involve analysing the advertising campaigns our customers choose to interact with most often. This is to meet our legitimate interests in understanding which types of advertising campaigns are more or less effective than others.
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, and requested information, including on behalf of Business Partners, EU Affiliates, or other Sellers. This is to meet our legitimate interests in managing our relationship with you effectively;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events, to meet our contractual commitments to you set out in the terms and conditions of those promotional events;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We do this where necessary to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject, or to meet our legitimate interests in enforcing our legal rights and resolving disputes or verifying payments and preventing fraud.
When and Why We Disclose Personal Data
We share your personal data as follows:
- with your consent;
- with EU Affiliates and other The Seamstress of Bloomsbury entities within and outside of the European Economic Area, including, without limitation, The Seamstress of Bloomsbury, which has its registered offices at Unit 119, The Victory Business Centre, Somers Road North, Portsmouth, PO1 1PJ who will process your personal data only in accordance with our instructions and for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement;
- with unaffiliated third-party Sellers and Business Partners, so they can sell, deliver, and provide the products or services purchased to you (e.g. to deliver products to you, or to provide a Getaways provider with your details so they can confirm reservations). We share personal data with unaffiliated third-party Sellers and Business Partners to meet our contractual obligations to you, and they are not permitted to use your personal data in any way other than for selling, delivering, and/or providing the products or services purchased by you;
- with third parties that provide tools and services to help us better understand your deal preferences, so that we can show you advertisements for The Seamstress of Bloomsbury vouchers, goods, or services on third party websites which are more suited to your interests and tastes. Those third parties may also use your personal data to match you with their existing customer base. You can stop our use of these tools in the ways described in our Cookies Policy;
- with third parties, to send you survey emails on our behalf, provided you have consented to receive such emails;
- to report or collect on debts owed to Sellers or other Business Partners;
- as necessary to perform contractual obligations towards you with Sellers or Business Partners to the extent you have purchased or redeemed at The Seamstress of Bloomsbury voucher, goods, or services offered by them or participated in an offer, rewards, contest or other activity or program sponsored or offered through us or the Sellers on behalf of a Business Partner;
- to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of one or more of the Sites or any portion or operation related to part of one or more of the Sites;
- in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of substantially all our stock and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during any due diligence process;
- to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions, where this is necessary to comply with these legal obligations;
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our EU Affiliates, Sellers, or Business Partners, and users, or as part of legal proceedings affecting us and/or our EU Affiliates, as it is in our legitimate interests to prevent fraud and protect these rights; or
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts, to the extent this is necessary to comply with such legal obligations.
We encourage our unaffiliated third-party Sellers and Business Partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, while we share personal data with Sellers and Business Partners only for the above-mentioned purposes, their subsequent processing and use of personal data obtained through us and our European Affiliates is governed by their own privacy policies and practices and is not under our control (except for the use and processing by Sellers and Business Partners providing services to us, as described above). Where possible, we contractually restrict how our Sellers and Business Partners, including merchants, use your personal data and aim to ensure they do not use it for any purposes which are incompatible with those set out in this privacy statement.
In several of the cases set out above, we will transfer your personal data to a country located outside the European Economic Area that may not be considered as providing the same level of protection for personal data under European law. In such cases, we put in place appropriate safeguards, including contractual commitments approved by the European Commission, on recipients of the data, to ensure that there is adequate protection for your personal data. For more information about the safeguards in place and to view a copy of such safeguards, please contact us using the details below.